|The March ACEE meeting has been changed from 3/29. The meeting will be held at on 3/31, from 11am-3pm in Thomas Jefferson A & B.
ACEE (Advisory Committee on Educator Evaluations)
A state-wide advisory panel, composed of teachers, principals, parents, legislators and representatives of education organizations, the Advisory Committee on Educator Evaluation (ACEE), has been formed to guide the other components of Act 54, which focus on educator evaluations. After intense outreach with educators, LDOE will submit to ACEE a proposed framework, and, if necessary, multiple models for non-tested grades and subjects no sooner than spring 2011. ACEE will make a recommendation to BESE for a final decision by the state board no sooner than Summer 2012.
As required by law, half of ACEE's members are practicing teachers.
Committee membership must include, at minimum:
- 50% of practicing classroom educators
- 1 appointee from Associated Professional Educators of Louisiana
- 1 appointee from Louisiana Association of Educators
- 1 appointee from Louisiana Federation of Teachers
- 1 appointee from Louisiana Association of School Superintendents
- 1 appointee from Louisiana Association of Principals
- 1 appointee from Louisiana Association of Public Charter Schools
- 2 members of the Senate Committee on Education, appointed by the chairman thereof
- 2 members of the House Committee on Education, appointed by the chairman thereof
- 1 member appointed by each member of the SBESE
- 2 parents of public school students